Saturday, August 14, 2010

Mii and Wii

About a month ago, I lost my full time status at work and also lost one of my benefits that I loved. It was one that helped to pay for my Gym Membership. The gym is kind of an expensive one, but was very much worth it, wonderful people and nice facilities, but on my own I can not afford it anymore. I had to rethink how I was going to get my exercising done. It was a hard choice to cancel, because I have had lots of encouragement from the trainers there. The trainers taught me well and there are things I can do at home. I bought a yoga ball, resistant band, barbells, yoga mat and Wii Fit Plus, Wii Biggest Loser, Wii Sports and Jillians 30 day shred! I still want to get a bosu ball and a 6-8 lbs medicine ball.
 I worried most about getting cardio in as I really hate the cardio. I had to push myself at the gym with cardio, because I know it is important in weight loss so it had to be done. At the gym I walked on the tredmill and learned to challenge myself on that. Cardio at home I was thinking was going to be a challenge. I love strength and balance exercises best.
Almost two weeks ago I started working out on the Wii and have logged 10 + hours on it in that time so far. I am actually sweating more than I did at the gym. I have always thought sweat was disgusting!  Even though I have learned that sweating is a good thing when you are trying to lose weight , but I still find it gross. I am thinking that when I was at the gym I was so self conscious of sweating to much or breathing to hard that I did not push myself as hard in fear of what people thought. At home it does not matter! I am working harder!
I like the competitive me! I push to exceed my latest score or beat my speed on the various exercises on Wii. I am working out longer than an hour at a time now. When I start sweating I push myself longer to keep it sweating. Gross I know, but it is a positive just the same. At the gym, I was getting bored and had to push myself to stay there at least an hour. I am enjoying that I can do this at home now and longer than I anticiapted.  I am excited that I am making myself do this at home, because I truely thought I would flake out on myself. In this little bit of time I am starting to feel the energy level increase. I am improving on my skills of speed, endurance, and balance.
The body is an amazing piece of art. No matter how much you weigh, in just a very short period of time, when you feed it right and exercise, your body says thank you! What an amazing God! The creator of these bodies, His design with a purpose!
I know I am just beginning here to do what I need to do, but I feel the courage to continue is strong. Good things are happening with this body, mind and spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment