Monday, August 9, 2010

Hurting yet Moving

Today was overall a good day...except for my back hurting...kinda badly...I am moving stiffly, slowly, wincing, but some how I was able to exercise. My back pain happened, due to not being able to walk down the stairs properly....Yesterday I slipped, heels out from under me and took a strong jolt vibration to the back. Now you would ask with such pain happening how was it a good day? I am trying to be postive, but the good factors would be these: 1) I started my Food Diary and Exercise log today! 2) I was able to find exercises that did not hurt to badly and worked out on Wii for 2 hours and burned 702 calories...woot woot!  3) I ate all my meals as healthy meals and proper serving sizes. It helps having good food in the house and not out driving around hungry. Car + hunger = bad results...(drive thru happens).
Why I feel so good about today is that even though I am in pain and moving slow, my mind over powered the pain and I made a no excuses that I would do something to move and burn calories today. I missed work and not sure I will make it tomorrow, will see how the advil works. The pain has intensified as the evening wares on. Maybe I over did it with the injury.
I struggle with myself to get and stay motivated. I can think of a zillion things that should keep me motivated and for some reason they get lost in the thought process of just going through the motions. Health reasons, family, enjoying life, dreams and many things in between the lines that should motivate me. How come I have  such a hard time keeping those in front of me? I know how good it feels to exercise...I love the happy endorphines that kick in the energy levels. I have experienced that feeling several times in my life over the last couple years. If it feels so good why do I stop? Who would not desire that feeling of being so alive and strong? I need to figure this out. It is a matter of life and death!
Note to self:  make a vision board to look at daily for motivation.
Shake what your momma gave you and feel that happy endorphines take over!

1 comment:

  1. I made a pretty picture to help motivate me to go to class... it said "go to class" it kind of helped... you should do something like that... pictures of what you want or something, use your skills yo!

    ReplyDelete